After 45 years on the air, I'm finally getting an itch to bump my power over
100 watts; 500 - 600 watts seems like a reasonable amount of 75 meter power
for me.  I'm seriously looking at amplifiers and tuners, but hesitant to
make a purchase decision before getting at least some warm fuzzies about the
KPA-500 pricing and availability.

Been looking at a lot of new and used tube based amplifiers and 1KW tuners;
getting the sense that I could spend upwards of $1500 for anything decent.
If the KPA-500 is going to sell for close to that figure, or less of course,
I can probably keep my money stashed and wait a few more months.  It sure
would look nice next to the K3 & P3.

If, however, the KPA-500 is going to cost much more than $1500, I will
probably go the tube route.

So, what I'm hoping to get from someone "in the know" is a ballpark figure
on the KPA-500.  I assume the antenna tuner is built in, and not an
additional cost.  If that isn't the case, then knowing the ATU cost would
also be helpful.