Hi Jack

They are not "better regarded"in Europe. They have always been CB amps in the
eyes of most hams.

Its mostly new hams from the CB band who like using these horrible amps. RM HF
amps have terrible IMD performance especially under dynamic voice conditions.

 The  positive reviews by well meaning hams are mostly flawed because they use
incorrect measurement procedures. I cant see how  any amp with -26db  pep 3rd
IMD figures is something that is acceptable for a high power amp.

The dynamic on air IMD performance of these amps  when used with the typically
ham transceiver causes terrible splatter. Hams who run these amps are very easy
to spot with a SDR receiver.

I like others wont buy a solid state amp until the IMD performance at least
matches the better tube amplifiers.

The last thing we need to do as hams is crap in our own nest just  because its
modern or new!

73
John