Well, the contest is over and I loaded the 4.10 beta. It did not fix the
problem. I have made the discovery that this is only a problem on USB.
Finished the contest on 40m LSB and found that it was not a problem there.
Made some more tests and found that the problem follows the USB mode
regardless of band. It turns out it's not completely without consequences
for my operation as it prevents the switch to my 1.8kHz filter when
selecting the 0.3-2.1kHz bandwidth which is pretty well the smallest BW I
ever use. So a fix would be welcome. I do not think this is something that
is introduced with recent firmware changes. Rather I think this has been
latent for a long time and has cropped up with something that I have done to
my settings. BTW on USB now the indicated BW is always 50Hz higher than it
ought to be for all settings. Is there some secret memory dump I can do to
shed some light on the problem?

AB2TC - Knut