From: Larry K1UO <k...@uninet.net>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:03:01 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] LP Pan versus P3 Panadapters

Bill,

   I can tell you that just last night, on 160 meters, I copied 2 very weak
stations perfectly Q5 that did not show on the P3 waterfall.  Now, Its
entirely possible its my adjustment skills but I dont think so.  Yes..the K3
IF Mod was factory installed.    This has happened more than once.  For
some reason I was expecting the P3 to show these very weak signals better
than I could find them myself while tuning but no amount of adjustment so
far will do this.  I may be expecting too much?
Just so you know what anothers experience has been so far.
73

  I too would like to see details of the improvement over LPan etc. I am a
long time user of SDR/computer panadapters for use in detecting very weak
signals at UHF/VHF/microwave. I use a Softrock on the K3 IF port since I got
my K3 a year ago.  I have yet to see one report regarding weak sig detection
with the P3 after many requests to the initial testers of the P3. ANYONE out
there looking for weak weak sigs with a P3??

73  Bill K0AWU  EN37ed