Guy,

I don't understand why the sidetone level needs to be changed
frequently.  Since with the K2 (and the K3) the sidetone level does not
change with the AF Gain, I simply set the sidetone level to something
comfortable, and then to zero-beat a signal, I use the AF Gain to adjust
the level of the signal audio to approximately that of the sidetone -
works better for me than continually fooling with the sidetone level.

Try it and see if you like it.

73,
Don W3FPR