Hi David,

If you haven't got it running by now, the key to recovering from this is
to first terminate the K3 Utility program and then cycle power on the K3
while making sure the P3 does not turn on.  (The easiest way to do that
is to pull the power cable on the P3.)  Then fire up K3 Utility again
and you should be able to download firmware to the K3.

There is no need to re-route any RS-232 cables.  The P3 includes a relay
that automatically bypasses it's serial ports when the power is off.

Alan N1AL