Not on the FT-1000D,  the APF has an adjustable freq knob,
I find that I have it set 99 percent of the time the same pitch
as the side tone,  so not sure that it needs to be adjustable.
Seems if it tracked the side tone freq that may be sufficient.

Problem is that APF should not be limited to use on extreme
narrow filter widths,  many times there is no need to narrow
the filter width as there is no adjacent QRM on the weak
signal.   The background "noise" on wider widths is easier
to copy through many times than the different pitch background
"noise" on narrow width.

Unless you have used it,  it is hard to comprehend what it is
perhaps,  but as many have posted,  when working properly
it makes copy possible of signals in the noise that is not
possible without.

Merv K9FD