Wayne,

1) Outside the 30 Hz APF "peak" what is the background DSP
    bandwidth and can that be adjusted?

2) how does one prevent activation of a narrow CW filter (e.g.,
    200 Hz) and excessively narrow DSP filtering when activating
    APF?  Remember, the desired behavior is primarily to peak
    the desired signal while reducing the background bandwidth
    is a secondary concern.

3) How does one move the APF "peak" (as in the case of the
    old FT-1000D where the peak was tunable over most of the
    audio range0?

Rather that lose ability to specify basic DSP (and IF) bandwidth
when activating APF, I would suggest overloading the "notch"
control- particularly since auto notch (tap) does not function
in CW - to activate APF.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV