Not everything old is bad, and not everything new is good.  Or more
hopefully, like the wedding tradition:  "...something old, something
new...".

With the "square space" first set by the roofing filter and regular
DSP for adjacent channel rejection, so it's NOT too wide, and the APF
set LESS severely because it's not the main means of adjacent channel
rejection, and it's only function to JUST peak up a weak signal enough
to hear it out of the noise, we well may have something that fits the
old wedding promise, ...something old, something new...

73, Guy.