Another K3 feature that removes yet another external box in
my system!  I can finally get rid of my Autek QF1 when this
is implemented!

I really like this scenario from a control layout logic
standpoint.  Great idea, Rich!

One thing, tho, in addition to the panel buttons, there has
to be a command in the command set to "reset" the APF back
to where it was before, hopefully from the git-go.  One of
the most confounding things about using my old TS850 with
N1MMLogger was I had to physically punch the RIT button off
and remember to center the knob (it had no center detent
either!).  Loved the radio, hated that feature!

Its oh so much easier to include {CLEARRIT} in the TU
message to reset the RIT after a QSO!  So I would ask that a
software command to clear the APF also be included with this
feature so that N1MM developer Jedi K3CT can create a
{CLEARAPF} command for the feature (Or possibly anybody
could create one with a CATHEX macro embedded in the TU
message).

I look forward to this feature.  I will be among FT1000'ds
this weekend and will explore the APF feature Friday morning
to see how it works (if I have time off during contest
setup).  I have never used a modern Yaesu rig in CW, so
there is always a first time!

If its anything like my Autek QF1, I will like it!

See all of you in the pileups (from NQ4I)!

-lu-w4lt-

Message: 32