I run WSPR on 500-KHz as WD2XSH/45.  I interfaced the computer audio
thru the K3 line-in and line-out jacks and control PTT with the
RS-232 connection.  This requires you to run DATA-A.  I set my
receive audio with the computer audio mixer window without any
changes to the K3.  It runs at about -1 to -2 dB.  For transmit level
use your ALC meter and adjust the computer audio mixer (wave output)
level for about 5-6 on ALC (press the TEST button on WSPR window for
setting up Tx levels).

Read the WSPR instruction manual for operating hints.  Use spots to
unlink your reception reports so others can view what you see.
That's it.

These same set ups will enable running any of the programs under
WSJT.  JT2 and JT4 have been used for making digital contacts on
HF.  JT-65 is used primarily for eme. FSK441 and JT6m for meteor
scatter (think 6m).  On 500-KHz I run 4.15w ERP (100w to the antenna)
and have been detected at 1366 miles.  500-KHz WSPR is spanning the Atlantic.
Check it out:
http://www.kl7uw.com/600m.htm
http://www.500kc.com/

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45