As one who has had his ears pounded for hundred (thousands?) of hours by DX
contest stations whilst trying to listen to a deep weak layer among the
cacophony of strong stations, I am very excited by what I'm hearing
regarding the field test of APF.

While tinkering with the details, Elecraft, please think hard about what
both Paul and Guy had to say.  APF could be lots of things but it doesn't
have to be something with every degree of freedom variable.  Nor does one
have to emulate every sound of every audio DSP from rigs past.

However, if APF can be implemented in such a way that the operator can
establish a *persistent* setting that-for him or her-reduces the fatigue of
concentrating on the CW "noise," such capability would improve the K3.
Having the exact setting as the MP that Guy references?  Not necessarily.
Having the same result?  It sure would be of value to my (aging) ears.  And
I would most likely use that persistent setting for all CW operation, casual
or competitive.

Gary W2CS