I've had a pair of K3's for a couple of years now, but this past
weekend in the CQWW SSB was their first serious test on 10
meters.  I used the 1.8 filter all weekend, but when I got to 10
meters, I got the distinct feeling that I wasn't hearing enough
band noise. I didn't have the time or equipment to do any
measurements, but I did change the 1.8 filter gain from zero to
four dB, and that seemed to solve the "problem," as I perceived
it.

Maybe I'll go through the filter gain settings again on both
radios, listening to background noise on 10 meters.

If someone has the equipment to do MDS tests on 10, it would
be interesting to see the results.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.