Are you confusing "sensitivity" with "overall gain"?

Typically the higher frequency bands are much, much quieter than the lower
frequency bands but a 0.1 uV signal will produce the same volume from the
speaker on 10 (or 6) meters as it will on 80 meters (if you can hear it in
the band noise :-)

It's normal to turn up the gain (or engage the Preamp) on the higher
frequency bands to provide some additional overall gain and, perhaps,
improve the receiver noise figure so it's actually a little more sensitive
(able to hear weaker signals without their being covered by internal
receiver noise) than on the lower bands.

Ron AC7AC