Hi Jan

I agree. The K3's APF just blows away the APF on both  the IC7600 and IC7700.
The K3s APF is in a league of its own.

I cant stand using my FT1000D anymore with all its peak clipping and IMD on
audio peaks. The might dog is  fast becoming a real boat anchor, but sometimes
I need 200 Watts of drive sometimes!

One  other thing is the noise gate. Its now perfect with no artifacts at all.
You dont even know that its on with heavy processing and gating. The raspy
crackly sound is gone. Even with the gating set on  max its operation is
perfect.

73
John