From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dick Dievendorff
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 5:31 PM
To: k2qi....@gmail.com
Cc: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Firmware load

I'll add it to K3 Utility Help. TU, good idea.

Dick

On Nov 4, 2010, at 15:16, k2qi....@gmail.com wrote:

> Perhaps this process should be appended to the K3 FAQ or troubleshooting
areas, as this topic comes up quite a bit on the reflector.

> Cheers,
> James K2QI
> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

even for a moment, when you reapply K3 power.

> Reboot PC. This isn't often necessary, but sometimes a COM port or USB
driver is in an awkward state. If you don't reboot, do stop the K3 Utility.

> Plug K3 power connector back in.
>
> Press K3 power button. Expect to see MCU LD in an otherwise LCD.
>
> Start k3 utility. Navigate to Port tab. Wait until it connects, expect a
warning popup about finding a K3 in boot loader.

> Select firmware tab and select send all firmware.
>
> I do this a lot, I think my K3 and Waynes and Lyles get more firmware
loads than most. It's not extraordinary.