Greetings Elecrafters,

I previously posted a question to the group about mic gain settings in
conjunction with the Elecraft MH2 hand mic.  Prior to the slew of recent
firmware updates, I had to set microphone bias to low, and keep the mic
gain at 4 or 5.  Anything higher, and ALC would start to reduce power.  At
those settings, speaking normally would give me 5-7 bars of ALC as
recommended in the manual.  Several folks have written to me stating that
their K3 also behaved similarly and thus required the same amount of mic
gain as I've written.

Today however, after testing firmware versions 4.17, 4.18, and then
reverting to 4.14 I've noticed that mic gain now needs to be set to 15 in
order to achieve the same results.  I'm curious if anyone else has noticed
this.  There doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary in terms of
performance, but was curious as to why the sudden difference what else could
have been affected.

Any thoughts?
--
73 de James K2QI