Hello Doug,

I concur with you and it is no harm to voice out our wishes here.

In fact, what Elecraft promoting is 'respond to customer's needs', this
is the reason why we regularly have beta version firmware.

In our K3 or K2, we have paid for good support service and response from
Elecraft direct.  Everyone in this reflector says that and Icom / Yaesu /
kenwood cannot do that.

I also would like to have USB port if it were practical to do so.  Of course, i
won't pay US$100 for that option.

cheers,

Johnny VR2XMC

----- 郵件原件 ----
寄件人﹕ DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL <doug...@gmail.com>
收件人﹕ Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
傳送日期﹕ 2010/11/19 (五) 5:56:45 PM
主題: [Elecraft] K3: USB port - give the guy a BREAK!

I have to object to the course that this thread instantly turned to.

K2QI's very reasonable post reads (edited)
[snip]
Quoting Wayne:  "The KIO3's digital I/O module could be replaced with
one that has USB rather than RS232 -- or better yet, both. We planned
for this."

Quoting K2QI
"Just wanted to revisit this topic and find out if anyone has heard
anything more regarding a possible USB interface for the K3."
[end snip]

KR2Q comments:
For me, this should have been a simple matter of "No, I have not heard
anything additional" or "Yes, it is still on the list."

"Zombie Thread?"  Gosh.....    For cryin' out loud....give the guy a break!

de Doug KR2Q