On 11/19/2010 8:20 AM, Jim Miller KG0KP wrote:
> OK, Guys, THANKS - right on, I knew this was going to be stupid.  Do you
> know how much you can look at the menu settings and not see that AGC is OFF?
> The settings are there but not the on/off,fast,slow.  And, when my mind was
> on having screwed up the menu, I didn't even see on the panel it was OFF.

I tell myself these questions are not stupid, Jim, that's my story and
I'm sticking to is.  When my K3 went dead on 30m, and after lots of back
and forth diagnosing, Wayne called me on the phone, and said, "OK, let's
start simple.  On any band where it works, what ANT is selected?"  You
can probably fill in the blanks from here, on 30m, I had inadvertently
selected ANT2 and failed to note it on the display.

It did teach me to study the display first before diving into the
uncharted CONFIG:MENU waters.  Menu stuff takes overt changes on my
part, the buttons and switches are open "targets of opportunity" for fat
fingers.

And, mildly astounding, the designer of my radio actually called me :-)

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org