Shoot! I'd *love* to see some modern commercial marine gear that is as easy
to maintain as the Elecraft rigs.

Unfortunately too much Marine gear is bought with the same attitude most
home electronic consumers have - initial cost is paramount and the cost of
ownership over time is a far distant second. (If it breaks, throw it out ;-)

Ron AC7AC