wayne burdick wrote:

It worked quite well, and some day (in my copious spare time) I hope to pack it into a keychain-sized device. This PDA would be the world's smallest, would go with you everwhere, and would cost almost nothing since it would need no display or keyboard. It would have a small audio transducer so you could hold it up to your ear when using it, or an inductively-coupled wireless link from the keychain unit to a lightweight earbud. The rest of the device requires just one chip -- an MCU with a lot of EEPROM and/or flash memory. (If anyone wants to help me prototype or write firmware for this unit, let me know. I'm a bit busy!)

I just have this voice whispering to me as I read this that keeps saying "bluetooth, J2ME, cellphone"...

After all, the smallest chip is no chip, and the next smallest is one you're already carrying and powering for another reason. Maybe I'll create some Java classes that translate between Morse and character strings for starters.

 73 de Maggie K3XS

--
-----/___.   _)Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP/"The art of progress /
----/(, /|  /| http://voicenet.com/~maggie SCWCD/ is to preserve order/