> OK. AFAIK at 4 ms a CW TX will have to much
bandwith. Even the K3 at 5 ms (if it hasenĀ“t changed
since I measured it) do have "mild clicks".

It' not strictly the rise/fall time, it's the shape of the RF envelope
within the rise/fall time.

http://www.w8ji.com/cw_bandwidth_described.htm

Using the internal calibrator on my Tektronix SC504, I just measured the K3
rise time at 2.5 ms.  I measure from the time the envelope just begins to
take off from zero until the point that full amplitude is reached.
Actually, full power on my K3 is not achieved for several more msec, but the
dominant transition to the full power is measured at 2.5 ms.

> I wish the K3 could be set to something like 7 or 8 ms.

Why?

Paul, W9AC