I decided to try the CM500 headset in place of the Elecraft Heil Proset
headset. I'm always on a quest for increased volume due to age related
decreased hearing. To that end I can emphatically say that the CM500 solves
my low audio level problem. The CM500 in the rear headphone jack provides
greater audio output then the Proset in the rear speaker jack. So far, so
good.

I tried the CM500 on SSB today in the 10 meter contest and had occasional
VOX tripping when listening to loud signals or loud noise. I'm using the
headphones and there is no speaker output. (I even held my breath to be sure
my breathing wasn't tripping the VOX). I reduced the VOX GAIN to 17. Any
lower and I couldn't always trip it reliably. My ANTIVOX was set at 20 for
the Proset so I began to crank it up. It's up to 80 now for the CM500 and
appears to have solved the problem.

My other settings are:
RP.L BIAS
MIC GAIN = 10 for 5 to 7 ALC bars