From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Phil Townsend
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 6:59 PM
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 for AM broadcast?

I have a friend in Mali that wants to set up an AM radio some were out in
the boonies.
No Reliable AC power etc etc third world problems import duty tax endless
very red tape.
So the question is....
Can the K3 be made to transmit in the 1600 kc freq?
25 to 50 watts.
Is this even a reasonable idea?

Sent from my iPad