That's why I prefer an end-fed dipole to a Marconi antenna, even if I have
to get creative to get wire up and in the clear.

The advantage is that the high impedance feed point at the end means very
little current flows, so very little current need flow into the "ground"
connection. Very little current means very little loss, since it's the
ground resistance that bedevils efficiency in a Marconi (i.e. 1/4 wavelength
or less) antenna.

But that high impedance at the feed point is also the end fed dipole's
downside.  If near a half wave the impedance is usually beyond the matching
range of most ATUs. However a small compromise in length will usually yield
a "matchable" but high impedance. As one moves up in frequency that
impedance will vary widely but will always be fairly high compared to a 1/4
wave radiator, and so offer much better efficiency for any given ground
system.

With the end fed dipole, an RF ground becomes more important to "keep RF out
of the shack" by keeping RF voltages at the rig ground low rather than for
efficiency.

Ron AC7AC