A friend of mine just found this via QRZ.com;

From: Ian - K8MM
Sent: Nov 13, 2010 8:38 AM
To: Mad River Radio Club
Subject: [MRRC] K8DD

MRRC'ers,

This is the hardest email I've ever had to write. My best friend, Hank
Kohl K8DD, passed away this morning (Nov 13, 2010) from respiratory
complications
following surgery. Per his wishes there will not be a funeral, but a
memorial service will be held sometime in the Spring. I'll be sure to
post details as to where and when it will be held.

His wife Kath extends her thanks to everyone for their cards, prayers
and well wishes.

73,
Ian - K8MM

Hank's web site is k8dd.com.

I don't think that this has been previously posted on the reflector. I know
that Hank was an avid elecrafter, very active on the reflector and that many
of you knew him. It was Hank, then KN3DCB, that got me into ham radio in
1958.

73s

Pat W3HVG