Mike,

I messed around with the TX EQ for over an hour yesterday, I've settled on
these settings for now (this sounded "less nasal" and not too much like I
had a pillow over my face)

*50 Hz @ -16dB*
*100 Hz @ -16dB*
*200 Hz @ -6dB*
*400 Hz @ +8dB*
800 Hz @ +0dB
1600 Hz @ +0dB
2400 Hz @ +0dB
3200 Hz @ +0dB

*Mic: 30* (for 5-7 bars with a steady "ahhhh")
*Cmp: 20* (10dB on the CMP meter)

It could be that my voice just wasn't meant for radio (good thing I didn't
try to break into broadcasting!).

I left the lows way down per recommendations from Jim Brown.  I'm just
trying to find a comfortable setting for ragchews.  For contesting I'll
probably drop the 3 lows to -16dB and leave the rest at +0dB.

My RX EQ is flat; so I'm probably not hearing my TX EQ settings the way
others do.  Got a couple reports last night that the audio was nice and
clear.  Not sure if that means "comfy" for extended listening though.

CCing the reflector for more opinions on my new settings....

73
Jeff W6UX