One other observation: I find my 2nd receiver quite useful in DX split freq
pileups even without diversity.  Having used it, I don't want to be without it.
 Split in contests is infrequent, tho. The P3 is also quite helpful to pick out
successful callers in pileups and to find holes in the pileup. The waterfall
display makes it really useful.
I had my first taste of true 2nd RX in my IC-7800 and didn't sell it until I
had my KRX3 installed.
Some radios have Dual Watch which allows you to listen to two freqs together,
but this technique combines the signal at the IF, so you listen to a mono mix.
Some radios scrimp a bit on 2nd receiver performance. The K3's 2nd receiver is
as good as the main. It also needs its own set of filters, although you might
be a bit stingier here.

73 de Dick, K6KR