From: Alan Bloom <a...@elecraft.com>
To: Bill <able2...@aol.com>
Cc: elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wed, Dec 29, 2010 7:14 am
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Is P3/K2 marriage feasable?

Bill,
To FULLY integrate the P3 with a K2 will require extensive changes to
he P3 firmware.  If less than full integration is satisfactory, you can
o that today.  You need to add an IF output connector and a buffer
mplifier to the K2.  Then in the P3, go into the "Xcvr Sel" menu
election and choose the 4915 kHz IF.  It works fine, but the P3 doesn't
ead out the K2 frequency on the display and features like tap-to-QSY
re not available.
Adding K2 support to the P3 firmware is on my list of future features to
dd.  I have a K2 and have purchased the buffer amplifier kit from
lifton Labs http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/k2_interface.htm , but
ave not installed it yet.  I'm anxious to get to it as soon as I have
ime.
Alan N1AL