Had a similar problem once.  Somehow the mixer volume setting for the
signalink was reduced.  It needs to be turned all the way up.

I'm not home right now but go to control panel, audio, it probably shows
whatever the default soundcard is on your system.  Change that to the USB
Audio Codec.  Open the playback settings and make sure the slider is all the
way to the top for volume.

Don't forget to change the default back to your system soundcard or your
computer audio will come out from the Signalink.

73
Greg
AB7R