Tom, N0SS wrote:

I hope there's no reason not to use it, as I've been using it for a couple
decades now!

I'll confess that when I need to shoot a picture of a PC board I'll clean up
any visible rosin residue too. In those cases I use denatured alcohol on a
cotton tip swab (e.g. Q-Tip brand) and wipe each pad dry.

But that's only so there's no distracting spots in the photo.

After all, who believes that my operating desk is as clean as shown in the
photos either!

Ron AC7AC