I have calibrated both my K3 (using ABS) and P3 by the manual with an XG2

the P3 Transfer gain (db): -12.1

In SSB or AM, if I want the P3's S meter reading to match the K3's S meter
I have to change the P3's Transfer gain (db) to -32.5 db

actually if I'm running 200khz span is should be about -30 db
if I am using 10khz span it should be about -35 db
so I have settled for -32.5 db as an average

feature request
is there some way the P3 could read the mode (bandwidth) of the k3

and then when running SSB or AM modes (bandwidths of 1.8khz to 6khz)
instruct the P3 to use transfer setting A (-xx db)

and then when running cw or data modes (bandwidths of around 400hz)
instruct the P3 to use transfer setting B (-xx db)

with user adjustable settings for A and B transfer settings

that way we could have the best of both worlds

(easy to say when I'm clueless as to what all
kinds of programing nightmares I just requested of Alan)

thank you to *ALL* the Elecraft staff for all the Elecraft mojo magic!

GB & 73
K5OAI
Sam Morgan