My K3 S-meter and P-3 show identical S-9/S-3 readings at 50 uV and 1uV  with
an XG-2 on 40M.

Sideband and particularly band noise are different as noted in previous
posts for obvious reasons.

If your readings are miles apart, time to check calibration of both units. I
went through the calibration procedure of the K3 and P3 long before the
change to S-meter scales and I find that the calibration of the P3 held when
shifting to S-meter scaling.

AE6WA

Mike Scott

Tarzana, CA

Roy wrote: I have checked the calibration on both of my K3s with my XG-1,
and the K3 S meter is miles apart from the P3 readings in S units.  If this
is going to be the case especially in SSB, just please say thats the way it
going to be.  There are a lot of us apparently who are perplexed by these
incongruent readings.  If this is normal, just say so.  Thanks.  Roy Morris
W4WFB