I was using Ham Radio Deluxe with the older KUSB cable running XP.
Everything worked fine for several years. My old PC died and I bought a
new laptop with the 64 bit I3 processor running Windows 7 Home Addition
Premium. I loaded HRD and also updated the Prolific Drivers from their
web site. HRD will run for a short time then freezes up with what
appears to be a USB port error. So far the only way out is to be a
restart. I can run the K3 Utility and have downloaded the latest updates
with no problem. Anyone have a suggestion for a fix to my HRD problem?

Mike KL7QOW