John,
Sounds like the same symptoms I've seen with my K2 recently. When I
jiggle the phone plug a bit, sometimes the spkr comes back, sometimes
not. I'm about to replace the headphone jack.

If I need to plug in headphones, I'll use a short plug+jack cable
that'll remain plugged in. Let THAT jack take the mechanical stress.

Cheers, Alan

Alan D. Wilcox, W3DVX (K2-5373, K3-40)
570-321-1516
http://WilcoxEngineering.com