First follow-up.

When I unplugged the key from the back of the rig, the keying stops.
If I change the input to "hand" then it keys continuously (once I plug
the key back in). Again, if I remove the key, the keying stops.

Hope this helps.

Still not sure what in the world I fried. Haven't opened up the case
to check yet. Need to get to bed now. Zzzz.