On 1/21/2011 4:56 PM, Chris Hembree wrote:
> I am helping a friend track down some RF noise that is riding on the Cable TV
> line. From CableONE TV and internet service.

htytp://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Very likely it is riding as a common mode signal on the coax leaving his
TV. Maybe on the power cable for his TV also. And perhaps radiated
directly from the TV because it is badly shielded.

Study the tutorial, then buy toroids and wind the coax around them to
form multi-turn chokes, using the winding guidelines in the tutorial.
They can fix everything but the shielding part of the problem. For that
you need the bucket treatment.

73, Jim K9YC