Oticon hearing aids (made in Denmark) offer an accessory that transforms
Bluetooth RX into the format used for wirelessly linking the right and
left hearing aid. With that adapter, you can hear a cellular phone (via
BT) in both ears instead of one. You can attach an auxiliary adapter to a
stereo output (TV, stereo RX, K3) and hear it in the hearing aids.

At some point, I'm going to get these adapters and dispense with my
headset (hi).

Rob K6RB (currently using my Oticons and really enjoying them).