Dear All,

I am debating if I should get a narrow filter for PSK and RTTY work.
Currently the most narrow filter I have is the 8 pole 2.1.

I am thinking about an Inrad 8 pole 500 hz to add to the K3.  I am not
having problem, however, the more I use these modes I find that you will
have very close signals for PSK and I am wondering if this will help in
pulling weaker signals in, instead of depending so much on the DSP.

I also want to know will this filter also be in use when in TX mode to
help limit the bandwith.  I wonder this as I worry about bumping up the
power as signals are so close and I do not want to interfer with others.

I am asking because I am hoping users can give their experience working
these modes before I purchase the filter.

I dont want to make the same mistake I made with the 2.1 filter for SSB
where I now wish I would have purchased the 1.8 filter.

Anyway I will appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks
Don

Don
KD8NNU