Hi Don,

I use the 250 Hz filter for all low-bandwidth data mods and it works
fine.  In fact it's usually overkill, however it's worth the
protection against the receiver blocking with nearby strong signals.

The 1.8 KHz filter is what I normally use for voice-bandwidth data
like MT63.  It's about minimum bandwidth (in my case) for use with
SSB.  Normally, I use 2.8 KHz with SSB receive, holding 1.8 in reserve
against QRM nearby the frequency.

The 2.7 or 2.8 KHz filter is used for TX.  This can't be changed and
is perfectly fine for TX in all modes except AM and FM.  For data
modes, the quality of the output signal is determined by the source
(sound card for example).  The bettery quality sound card - more bits
and more range - the better the TX quality.

If you're using one of the K3's internal data modes, the quality of
the output is determined by the DSP.  No worries there either.

73,
matt W6NIA