Vic and all who replied,

I kind of cheated when I made my inquiry.  I omitted the fact that I
was actually asking about copying eme CW (though some of you may have
guessed).  I am the only station in Alaska that regularly operates
2m-eme.  Since Alaska counts both for WAS and DXCC that makes me in demand.

I have not operated CW eme for a long time, but am about to start up
again (I have mainly operated digital eme since 2003).  One of the
main reasons for my K3 purchase was operating CW eme.  (I also use it
on 500-KHz)

In the past I was using my FT-847 which only has the 2.2-KHz SSB
filter.  I used the DSP CW filter on 400-Hz for searching for signals
and then narrowed down to either 200 or 100-Hz (the FT-847 DSP is not
variable and provides only 400/200/100/25 Hz filtering).  My hearing
is bad and I wear hearing aids full-time, so I can not dig out weak
signals as well as some.  Narrowing bandpass is essential.

I have not tried to copy CW eme with the K3, yet.  I am waiting for
my new DEMI 144/28 transverter.  But I did experiment listening to
weak CW on 20m and tried out the APF feature.  It works super!  I am
looking forward to trying it out on eme.

This coming weekend is the annual 432 & 1296 SSB eme event (not
really a contest), so I am trying to get set up for that.  There will
be both CW and SSB signals to listen to.  Unfortunately, I found that
one of my FET's is bad in my 1296 amplifier so I will not be
transmitting.  But it should be fun listening into all the
stations.  I have a 1296/28 transverter to use with the K3.

73, Ed - KL7UW

Message: 11