Greg - AB7R wrote:

> I also addressed this with Scott a couple years ago and he had no interest
> in modifying the software for the K3.

I think the problem is the K3's habit of restoring the mode last used on a
band when you change to that band. It seems to override the mode set in the
software. In KComm I overcame it by waiting a bit before sending the mode
command to give the unwanted mode change time to take effect. But since I'm
only supporting Elecraft radios I can work around the quirks. I can
understand a developer's unwillingness to make major logic changes to
accommodate one radio which might end up causing issues with several others.

I actually would like the K3 to do ONLY what the software command tells it
to do. It may be helpful to restore the last used mode when changing bands
via the front panel but it is illiogical to change modes when you send a
computer command that just says change frequency. If the K3 would do what
the computer tells it and only what the computer tells it then it would fix
an annoying problem with several programs besides N3FJP.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html