From: Don Wilhelm [mailto:w3...@embarqmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:19 PM
To: Julian, G4ILO
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] N3FJP and K3 control issue

  Julian,

Actually, the sequence of setting the mode first will change the mode on
the current band - then after the command to change to another band is
issued, the K3 will dutifully follow that command - and will retrieve
the last used mode on that band - because that is what the K3
programmer's reference says it will do - simply change bands.  Reversing
the order to change band, and then change mode should hurt nothing, and
will solve the problem for many K3 users.

73,
Don W3FPR