And the same on HF. Working pile up is a lot easier in the contest when you
have two antennas beaming different directions and 2 RX on the same
frequency. In our case EU signals on the western antenna are in the left ear
and JA/Pacific signals are in the right ear. Since both receivers have
independent AGC strong EU signals do not offset AGS on the eastern antenna
and allow one to hear weak signals from Pacific DX stations in the pile up.

73, Igor UA9CDC

> And another...
>
> With a suitable dual rx 2m transverter and two arrays I can listen to
> two directions at once. Very useful in contests.
>
> 73
> Ian
> G0AFH.
>
> On 04/03/2011 18:16, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>> Actually there's a fourth reason. If you use QRQ CW mode (ultra-fast
>> break-in), you can't normally use split or RIT. But if you have the
>> sub receiver installed, you can transmit on VFO A and receive on VFO
>> B, which will achieve the same goal in many situations.
>>
>> 73,
>> Wayne
>> N6KR
>>

>> On Mar 4, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lee,
>>>
>>> There are three reasons you might want the sub-RX: (1) diversity; (2)
>>> listening to both your RX and TX frequencies when operating split; (3)
>>> monitoring one band while you operate on the other.
>>>
>>> The K3's sub RX has identical performance to the main RX, so it excels
>>> at all of these applications.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Wayne