Many Hams find value in having a good second receiver in  the shack.

I'm sure the heavy-hitting contesters and dx-ers on the list here will give
you many ways they use the subrx to enhance their pursuit of the latest
elusive contact, but there's also the more basic idea of having a
world-class second receiver on the operating desk that can be used at the
same time as the main receiver.

When equipped with the KBPF3, the subrx covers the entire spectrum from 500
kHz to 30 MHz and the 6 meter bands and provides all the same advantages and
specifications as the K3's main rx.

Ron AC7AC