Question:  does the PTT IN RCA/Phono connection merely operate a relay or
switch in the K3?  That is, by shorting the connection (closing the switch) I
am operating a relay switch that stays closed as long as my switch (short) is
closed.

Also, I would like to know if it is normal (do other guys do this?) to use
multiple PTT switches wired in parallel probably using some parallel connection
phono jack thingy.  I have at least two switches (one a foot switch to use with
a mic and the other a externally controlled switch for my Signalink USB
interface).  Maybe a third switch for a hand held switch for another mic that I
might use at times.  No probably not three, but at least two different switches.

73, phil, K7PEH