Paul hit the nail on the head. The K3 makes it easier to operate split,
especially with appropriate macros. I don't think the K3 makes it any more
likely to transmit on the wrong frequency than does any other radio. I'm a
pretty good op but I've made the "UP UP UP mistake" occasionally for 50
years now, with many, very different rigs. I'm embarrassed when it happens
and then I get over it. Yes, Elecraft can improve the P3 to make operation
easier, more convenient and maybe even less error-prone for some ops. But
there is no way a radio can eliminate all operator mistakes. Vic, you can
stop kicking yourself. You quickly realized the mistake and corrected it.
Lids don't.

/Rick

--
Rick Tavan N6XI