I ran a scan using Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D and had no hits.  I ended
up blocking k4...@aol.com at the server level and this seems to have
solved the problem.  Sorry Harry that this happened to you.  I've seen
this happen on other list servers before but never to this extent.  If I
recall they were on YahooGroups and Yahoo must take pretty quick actions
to solve because it never lasts long.

I really hate spammers......

On 3/19/2011 9:37 PM, Paul Saville wrote:
> Henry,
>
> It is likely that your computer is or was infected with some malware
> that allows it to be used as a spam relay.
>
> Get a friend (who has an un-infected PC) to download and burn the "AVG
> Rescue CD" from avg dot com (it's free). Boot and scan from the CD and
> see what it finds.
>
> (I am an AVG customer, but have no other connection with them.)
>
> 73 Paul ZL3IN
>
> On 20/03/2011 11:11 a.m., k4...@aol.com wrote:
>>   Gary and all Elecraft users,
>>
>> I apologize for any spam that has been generated from my email account.
>>
>> I have taken measures to hopefully preclude this from happening again.
>> Somehow, after over 10 years with the current account, my email account was
>> compromised.  Not sure how it happened, but I started getting hundreds of
>> failed email notes in my spam filter.  Since no one notified me of the
>> issue, I was not aware of it until yesterday afternoon.
>>
>> 73,
>> Henry Pollock - K4TMC

Gary K9GS

Check out K9NS on the web:  http://www.k9ns.com