----- Original Message ----- From: "EricJ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'pa3gyu'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 10:26 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Heil handmike discontinued.

Probably nothing other than low sales volume.

I think most hams equate hand mike = cheap mike. OK for mobile work, but not
in the shack. So a premium hand mike is probably not going to be a big
seller for any vendor. I have a drawer full of hand mikes from all the rigs
I've bought over the years that advertised "Mic Included!".

I wonder if a guy could just buy the Heil-Icom element and stuff it in one
of the thousand Kenwood hand mikes available at every swap meet? Anybody had
any experience with that?

Eric
KE6US

I was told by a friend that the K2 prefers a 600 ohm mic and that
a electrec mic element wouldn't sound right. I've got both - an old
Cobra (label removed) CB 600 ohm dynamic and a boom headset
salvaged from a cell phone (2.2k).

I'm not able to test either right now as my K2 has no SSB audio
output. PTT & VOX work but no audio. :-(

I emailed Elecraft support and am waiting on ideas where to look
for the trouble. I'll get it working and get reports on both mics.

I'll let ya know.

Ken
--
Just my 2¢ worth... 73's es gd dx de Ken KGØWX
Grid EM17ip, Flying Pigs #1055, Digital On Six #350,