Jeff,

I've never seen a drop anywhere near this size across an APP
connector. The contacts themselves are rated at something like 6
microohms resistance.

How are you measuring the drop? The K3's supply voltage display is not
a good way to measure the drop across just the connector, because the
voltage shown reflects several other components' voltage drops. These
include the reverse-polarity protection diode, the self-resetting fuse
for the low-power circuitry, and the current-sense resistor. On
keydown, even circuit traces will show a drop, as will the cable
between the rig and the power supply.

73,
Wayne
N6KR